Lazy Summer Days

Just wanted to let everyone know...WE'RE STILL HERE! We just haven't been up to much of anything lately :) Ava & I have enjoyed watching re-runs of Full House in the mornings (along with Tigger & Pooh & Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, of course) while "waking up" & grazing on our breakfast. Then we play for a little while or lounge around until lunch time (if we had GRASS, then we'd be outside, but it's just not that fun playing on concrete:) The day wouldn't be complete without a nap, of course, so that comes after lunch. We then start to get dinner ready & anxiously await D.Might's arrival. After dinner, we all usually go out on the front porch & sit & play awhile (even had one of the neighbor's stop by for a visit tonight :) Then comes bath time & bedtime! See, not too exciting, but oh so enjoyable!

We did manage to go to story time at the Library yesterday & then had a picnic lunch in the park & played on the playground, so that was nice! Andie is also staying with us a few days a week for the next couple of weeks - Ava likes having someone to play with besides me!

Speaking of little Tutu, here's just a few thing's she's done lately:

* Tea Parties have become a daily occurrence. It has to be with the Tea Pot that sings, of course, & if you're around during "tea time", it's not a question whether or not you will participate.

* She has started getting out of her bed whenever she is no longer tired (after I bragged on her for staying in it so well :) - she usually busts in our door around 6:30am every morning (yes, I do go ahead & get up - I know you're all surprised-go ahead & pick your jaw up off the floor :). At least D.Might gets to see her before he goes to work!

* The other day, I put her down for a nap & kept having to go in there & tell her "It's night-night time, lay down" & put her back in bed. For awhile there (like 2 hours later), I though she was asleep, so I opened the door to check on her. I no more cracked open the door & she laid down in front of it (to where I couldn't open it any wider) & said "No Momma! I seepin! I seepin, Momma!" When I finally got the door open enough to squeeze in - she was trying on shoes....again...

* She has become quite the singer here around the house & has also become outspoken on what music she wants to listen to - yeah, we know where she gets it, too :)
Here are her Top 5 Sing-a-Long Songs:
1. "I Can Learn About Jesus from Bible Words"
2. "Jesus Loves Me"
3. "I'm in the Lord's Army"
4. "Oh Where, Oh Where, did my little Ava go?"
(tune of "Oh where, oh where, did my little dog go?")
5. "If You're Happy and You Know It"
Luckily Vacation Bible School will be next month & maybe she'll pick up some new tunes!

* More than 2x a day, I catch her heading towards the garage - with baby doll in stroller, purse on her arm, sunglasses on, & cell phone in hand - & she announces "I ready to go, Mom, bye!" I'll ask "Where are you going?" Depending on the time of day & her mood at the time, her answers are as follows (in no particular order): Target, 'Nastics (Gymnastics), Work with Daddy, Emme's, Outside - all answers come complete with a thoughtful look, finger on her chin & "Mmmm..." before them.

That's all I have for now - I will try to post new pics soon!

Comments

  1. HAHAHHAHAHAHAH
    LOL
    its about time you updated!!

    but...i think you left off one of her favorite songs.
    LOVE YOU

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVED IT ALL!!!!!!! THANKS FOR LETTING US
    KNOW WHAT SHE DOES......NINNER

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liz, remember when you were published in a poetry book? You've still got it! These are great snippets of your day..love gigi (MOM)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts