Jack-O-Lantern's


D.Might & I have carved a Jack-O-Lantern every year around Halloween since we've been married. This year, we picked our pumpkin at the pumpkin patch, but were a little slow getting around to carving it.
I came home week before last & found our little pumpkin VANDALIZED! Someone had drawn a face, ears, & hair on it with a Sharpie! I asked D. if it was him, well of course it wasn't. Then we decided it was his grandpa, Sodie (because he is know for his pranks & jokes). Sodie came over that evening, actually, so I made up this elaborate story about how we called the Sheriff & everything. He had no idea what I was talking about....Then I remembered that early that morning I saw Chris' truck in the driveway. He did it....no wonder Sodie thought I was crazy! We actually got a big kick out of it  - ha! :)
Needless to say, he came over with a new un-decorated pumpkin a few days later. D. & I were quite busy, so I ended up drawing the face on it and letting Emily carve it. It was her first time to ever carve one & I think she did a WONDERFUL job!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts