GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!

We spent most of America's Birthday hanging out at the house, but eventually ventured over to D.'s fam's for a cook-out & festivities!

Mmmm - the food was delish as always!
See that home-made ice cream in the sink - awesome!!


The three of us :)

I took several pictures of Ava trying to get a good one, but she was not into the whole picture taking & was ready for me to be done with it - so she started to make crazy faces...
...wonder where she learned that???

Mimi got a big slip-n-slide for the kids to play on!
Ava was supervising the set-up process.

Here's Ava with Mimi & PawPaw

Emily, Matt, and Ava with Sodie & Erma

The three of us again :)

Ava & Em ready to tear up the slip-n-slide!!

Look at her go!! She wasn't scared a bit - she loved it!!

After the water fun, we did a few 'daytime' fireworks!
I love snakes (they're so dull, I have no idea why I like them so much), smoke bombs, and those snapper-popper-thing-a-ma-jigs!

Ava loved her sparklers, again!!

See there was an adult close by - we didn't just let her loose with a sparkler!

Here was the drama from the night!
See that red, blistered spot on Ava's left foot???
She was sitting on my lap watching the big fireworks & some of the debris came down on us. Of course, the one hot piece of debris was going to find it's way through her Crocs to burn her foot! She's my child - I'm fully prepared for the random injuries - she comes by it honest :)
Our 'Poor Ava' face after we got her 'owie' taken care of!
We stayed inside for awhile & ate some grapes, watched a little T.V., & watched the fireworks through the front door.

When we ventured back outside, they had just finished up all the fireworks - boo!!
Her foot is okay & I am so thankful that's all that came of it!
I'm also thankful that she's not terrified of fireworks, either!!
We'll be setting of some that we still have one evening this week, I'm sure!
Hope everyone had a great 4th!!

Comments

  1. what some great memories of all the ones we love! Happy birthday America and Emily!Thanks for sharing these pictures April!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless her heart! I'm glad that was the extent of her injuries..we had a few ourselves too! Glad y'all had a great 4th :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE those family pics! Looks like a great time!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor Ava. :( Those are great pictures though! I haven't been on your blog in so long (work had it blocked for some strange reason) I feel like I have missed so much. ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVED ALL THE PICTURES.
    GLAD AVA'S OWIE IS OKAY. SHE IS ONE LITTLE TROOPER.
    NINNER

    ReplyDelete
  6. A slip and slide and NO BROKEN FINGERS! Amazing! What a fun filled day! luv

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts