Labor Day :: 2009 {better late than never...}

Takin' it back a little bit to fill you in on our Labor Day Celebrations--

Ava & I started the day off by going over to Pop Pop & Gigi's house!

 Gigi decided it would be a good time to 'practice' making treats for Halloween!
Ava loved getting to put the chocolate chip eyes on the ghosts :)


 We both loved chowing them down! YUM!



April : 'Aaahhhh!! I love desserts!'
Ava : 'Yeah, what's up? I totally ate the whole thing - word.'


Ava with the ghost treats & her PopPop & Gigi - such a good pic of the 3 of them!

After we hung out at their house a while, we migrated over to Mimi & PawPaw's for some good 'old fashioned' family fun...


 What's that?!
Your idea of 'family fun' doesn't involve shouting out directions to your better half so that he can drive the Rhino through the obstacle course in record time... while blindfolded?!


 Oh yes, even D.'s grandparents, Sodie & Erma were not excused from the activity!
Age is not a restriction {or an excuse} in the Crazy Family Olympics.


Tom & Brenda were the winners.
Surprise, surprise.
They set up the course.
And they own the Rhino.
I'm pretty sure they practiced for days beforehand...

 Then it was my turn. It's hard to drive in my usual Danica Patrick style while blindfolded.

Even little Tutu got in on the fun!!

I must say it was quite HILARIOUS to watch & hear all of us doing this obstacle course!!
I'm not really that good at giving directions {D.Might will never let me live down the time I was trying to get us to the Galleria in Houston & we wound up at the Exxon Mobile Oil Refinery - oops, my bad.}, but I am good at listening to them!
Poor D., I was his downfall during his turn.
He can't stand to loose - ha!

The games continued afterwards with a rousing game of Croquette - which I also did not win.


We ended the evening with some good food & last but not least, smores made by the fire pit!
And just for the record, the Crazy Family Olympics will be an annual event.
Tickets will go on sale in July.
They'll probably sell out pretty quickly, so make sure you get yours in plenty of time...

Comments

  1. I'd like to reserve my tickets now. I am sure Seth T could guide me in the obstacle course with the greatest of ease!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to look @ the pics again today The one of you and AVa eating the brownies is very good. You are "daintily" taking a nibble and Ava is "chowin down"! Ava and I like a good brownie! luv luv luv

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts