Random Ramblings

This post is a bunch of random things thrown together that I don't want to forget & know that at least the Grandparents, Great-Grandparents, & Family Members will appreciate :) !
*Ava still calls people all day long. I gave her my old Razor phone (pink, of course, because any other color just wouldn't do for her :) & she "talks" on it non-stop! She frequently calls Ashes (I guess because she knows you're the farthest away?! :) & will talk for quite awhile - this is the conversation I hear:
"Hello?! Ashes are you there?"
"Yes, it's me, Ava."
"Uh-huh, Daddy's at work."
"Haha! Stella's silly"
"You come over Ashes? You workin'?"
"Okay, bye, lub you!"
When she hangs up, I always ask "Who were you talking to?"
She says "Ashes - she come over after workin'."
*She's really gotten into coloring & "writing" lately. She'll come to me or D. & say "Write my name" She then tries her hardest to trace over what we've written & just beams with pride & shows us when she's done! The other night, I overheard her ask her Daddy "Write my name"
He said "Okay, what's your name?"
She said "T0"
-him- "What's your name?"
-her- "To"
-him- "No, what's your name?" (Thinking she was saying "I'm Two")
-her- finally fed up with the situation "TUTU!"

* She's still loving to play dress up & carry her handbag (notice I didn't say purse, Ashes) around with all her goodies in it! Thanks to Gigi & PopPop for sending this little Pretty Pretty Princess number her way :)

(She was saying "Cheese" in this picture - it's the best I could get, sorry!)

What Princess outfit would be complete without glass slippers?! These are leftover from summer - she never even wore them - but she plays in them inside everyday!


*Awww...how cute! Depending on what mood she's in, she likes to have her picture taken. Sometimes, she'll know it's a "picture worthy" event & come say "Mom, take my camera (aka picture) - Cheese!" Such a moment occurred below....

Next time you see her, ask her to do her "nose trick"! She cracks me up with this & can do it over & over again & hold it that way for awhile! If only I could find the picture to scan in, you'd see she gets this from her Momma ;)

* Speaking of getting things from her Momma....
She's a sneaky little thing - while D. was getting ready for church the other night, he brings her into the kitchen & says "Look what she did..."
I should obviously keep my make-up in a more secure location - especially the hot pink lipstick, which seems to be her favorite! This happened 2 days after I found her playing in my make-up drawer...tops off of things, brushes strewn everywhere...maybe I should get up & get ready before she wakes up :)

* Thanks to her Mimi, she now has a fear of monkeys....
If she's acting ugly, all you have to say is "Oh, Mr. Monkey...."
& she will straighten up pretty quick! If she starts acting nicer, you say "No Monkey's, stay back! Not get Ava!" Monkeys live in the trees (any tree, anywhere), for those of you who don't know, and they only come out when kids are acting ugly or not minding (hmmm...kind of reminds me of Hobe & Jobe, Lori Beth :) I haven't heard if these Monkey's eat ugly acting children or pluck their eye-balls out or anything, but it works none the less! If Ava thinks you're acting ugly, she'll switch it around & do it to you, too...the other morning, I don't remember what I was doing, but she said "No Monkeys, stay back, not get Momma!" Needless to say, it's pretty entertaining :)


*Ah, a moment of peace & quiet! When I need a few moments to get something done (or just need to keep her busy) I just bust out the art supplies & she is in hog heaven! Today she made a "fall-inspired" piece - I drew the tree on there, but she glued on the "leaves" & then colored it with markers, too! A way to work on her fine-motor skills & make a memory for Mom, too :)

Here's her Fall Leaf Tree all finished!
(for the record, those leaves are not pink, they're red:)


Nothing too out of the ordinary or exciting, but things I felt the need to share, none the less!
I know you enjoyed it, Ninner :)


Comments

  1. Sometimes the random things are the most important! Her artwork is beautiful. Brady is in a coloring stage right now as well. She's a doll!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously...you will scar this child with the whole monkey thing. I'm still scared of Hobe and Jobe to this day!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH I LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH I LOVE THE NEW ENTRY!! SHE IS JUST TOO CUTE AND YOU WILL HAVE TO FILL ME IN ON THE WHOLE MONKEY THING LATER!!! HAVE A BLESSED ONE AND LET ME KNOW WHEN YOU GET SOME BOY STUFF IN THE TUTU PLACE.
    LOVE TORASA

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts