The County Fair

Here's this year's adventure at the County Fair:

We started off in the Livestock section, pigs were up first! Ava would not pet them whatsoever, but she was giving this particular one the "what-for" & kept "oinking" at him! As you can see, he wasn't that impressed :)

Here's Matt, Emily, & Ava in front of the Chik-Fil-A cows!

She finally pet this little goat, but she kept saying (while laughing nervously) "He scares me!"

The cousins in front of the County Fair display - where are their cowboy hats?!

Ava & Daddy

Just a little background for those of you who don't know...D. doesn't do rides.
I don't think I've ever seen him on a ride in the 9 years we've been together - not once.
So you can imagine my shock & awe when I heard him say "I'll take her on that one."
So, I nervously watched from the other side of the gate, anticipating what would come of this, but they both did just fine!

She loves to ride any type of "horsies" - even the ones that look like My Little Pony's!

Here's another non-ride-goer, Matt! This car ride was next to the carousel & he actually said "I'll go on that one." So I asked if he would mind if Ava rode with him, too - "Sure."
How stinkin' cute is it that he has his arm around her?!?!

Look at her face - she was eatin' this ride up!!

Oh yes folks, even I got in on the ride action! I have always been a ride-goer, stick me on the Bullet, Zipper, Ring of Fire, you name it - I'd ride it! But, after the whole "Flights of Sickness Saga" a few months back, I have been pretty leery of anything that moves & I'm not in control of it. Because I love my niece so much, I decided to put all the fears aside & jump on a ride - The Scrambler. Why, oh, why?! Can you tell my feeling about this ride from the picture?! (p.s. thanks for capturing such a memorable moment, Chris) Poor Emme was trying so hard to pull herself to the other side of the seat so she wouldn't squeeze the life out of me! And it didn't help matters much that the ride operator thought it necessary to make our ride extra long!! Hello?! Could he really not hear my helpless cry?! Needless to say, you won't have to remind me to never, ever ride The Scrambler ever again!

Emme & Ava

Here's Emily & Ava on this Dragon roller-coaster kiddie ride! Ava wasn't too fond of this one, she kept sliding around in the seat, Emme said, & it made her nervous - we could tell by the look on her face she didn't like it!

Ah, much better... all this ride did was go in a circle & up & down a little bit, sooo much more enjoyable than The Scrambler.

Ava actually enjoyed this ride - it wasn't too thrilling, but she got to wave at Daddy every time she went by!

And so ends our adventure at the County Fair! We got the kids to pose in the same spot they did last year & boy have they grown!

Comments

  1. Great pics! Looks like y'all had a fab time!! Ava looks so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute! Looks like ya'll had a great time!!! :)


    PS - I feel like such a schmuck for not recognizing you at Hobby Lobby the other day. I'm SO SORRY!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHA
    BAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH
    I JUST LAUGHED OUT LOUD....ABAZILLION TIMES!!!

    pretty sure that is THE FUNNIEST picture of you i have EVER SEEN!! And the rest are too cute too!!

    LOVE YOU

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like Ava had a good time. I can't believe how big she is getting..it makes me so sad!!! :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soooo glad you got a kick out of Trisha making fun of my spelling skillz....Thanks FRIEND!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts