Bandwagon Bound

So, I finally jumped on the gaming band-wagon & played a little Guitar Hero : World Tour this weekend!
D.Mights's parents had us over Saturday night for pizza & a little fun! I had played Guitar Hero once before - just once.
I did my time on the vocals, my strong suit, and then let Emily have her turn, so I could practice my guitar skills.
I had to start on beginner - yes, folks - beginner - as in all you do is press one button the whole time. Very basic. But that's all I needed to jump start my rock-star abilities...
I then moved on to the drums - and if I do say so myself - I was awesome.... I could have a back-up career in drumming I think.
Dusty, of course, must play this game in his sleep, because everything was a piece of cake for him.
Emily - what can I say - she might as well have invented the game herself. She even did a round in difficult.... I was quite impressed.
Not to be outdone - but I was also impressed with the fact that both Mimi & Paw Paw are quite the Guitar Hero's themselves - who knew?!?!
Here are some random pics from our jam session:

Ava took a turn on the vocals - it kicked her off the stage - apparently the lyrics to "Jesus Loves Me" don't sound anything like "Eye of the Tiger"...

Here she is jammin' with Emily

She also took a turn at the drums - can we say "future band member?!"

Here's D. - claiming he's never played before....yeah right...

Here's me playing "Eye of the Tiger"....again.... At least my tongue wasn't sticking out - you really have to work your hand-eye coordination!!
__________________________________
In other weekend news, look who was home for a visit....

We spent Sunday afternoon hanging out with Ashes & the rest of the fam - enjoying some cake for Papa's birthday! PopPop just couldn't squeeze out of this picture - at least he's smiling :)!
____________________________________
And - as for the closet situation...


I was able to try on all of my clothes in my closet....that just leaves all the drawers, accessories, shoes, jewelry....and every other closet in the house to go through.
I contemplated what I was going to do with all the things I no longer need. I usually take stuff to consignment or give them to my friends, but looking at the large pile of clothes, clothes I used to love & live in - I decided they needed a home where someone else would appreciate them as much as I did.
So, tomorrow - they are headed to the local Women's Shelter in hopes of finding someone who will be just as thrilled with them as I was.
_________________________________
Forgot to mention another bandwagon I'm on.....


I'm only on Chapter 10 - I've had it for about 2 weeks - Yes, I know how to read - however, I am a little busy - ya know, chasing Tutu around, cleaning, cooking (yes, things other than cereal), baking, designing, decorating, watching my shows, etc. etc.....so don't spoil anything for me!
I'll get there eventually!!

Comments

  1. OH NO!! I've been a holdout on the Twilight books, you'll have to let me know if I need to just give in and read them...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two weeks? Are you kidding me? I finished all 4 books in two weeks and I have 2 children and a J.O.B.!!!:) (But you've got me on the cooking!) Good for you donating your clothes to the womens' shelter...maybe I'll follow in your footsteps and start taking all my clothes there. I guess I should wait till I buy some new ones though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers!! Glad to see you joined the twilight fan club. So are you Team Edward or Team Jacob?? Ps, I could use some new clothes!! J/K

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts