A Little {FUN} in the SUN

After running into Emma at the beauty shop, she asked her Mother if she could come over to our house & play one day before school started back and who am I to deny such a sweet child a small, do-able request?!?!

Ava was so excited to have someone to play with other than me, it wasn't even funny!

They started out the morning in the Playroom - complete with climbing on the playhouse roof & playing dress-up with every piece of dress-up clothing we own. Emma also brought along a small sampling of her beauty products collection & they made themselves beautiful for the day :)

Then they decided to take it outside to soak up a few of the last rays of summer...

Since I couldn't get EITHER of the pools to work, I just put a sprinkler on the driveway - they didn't care either way, just as long as they got to play in some water, ha!

They did enjoy riding scooters through it :)

Of course, we had to take a Popsicle break, too - gotta keep hydrated in the heat, ya know...

After they played a little more, it was time for some lunch.
Now, I've known Emma almost her whole life & one of the things I love most about her is that I honestly cannot remember her ever turning down food. Ever. Whatever you're eating, she'll eat it, too. It's so wonderful... I was hoping having her over would rub off a little on Ava...

As I was making myself a turkey sandwich {which I do 5 days out of 7}, Emma asked for some turkey on her plate, too...

She gobbled it right up.
And ya know what?!
My little scheme worked!!
Tutu asked for some too...

Her response:
'Hey Mom! This is so good! I like Turkey!'
I was thinking 'Well, duh! I've only been trying to get you to eat if for 2 years now!!' But I just plastered a huge smile on my face & praised her for trying a new food :)
I kid you not - I. Was. Thrilled!!

So far, this whole 'trying new foods thing' has stuck with her, too.
She's had a PB&J every day this week & holler's 'Oh Mom - this is so good! I love it!' every time...
Awww...the sweet little joys of Motherhood...

After lunch, they did a little Play-Doh & managed to keep it all in a contained area!

They curled up in Ava's bed to try to take a nap in the afternoon, but someone had the giggles & would not settle down... it was so sweet!!

I'm so glad they had fun together & Ava has already been asking when Emma is coming back over to play...

Just so ya know, Em - our door is always open :)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts