NYC : Numero Dos : 2009

Without further a'due...
I bring you part 2...

I've never seen a prettier sign - ever!

Here's the inside of quite possibly my most favorite place to eat - EVER.
That's right - you get your grub, you get out.
No tables.
No chairs.
If you're lucky, you can squish into a spot at the counter.
No silly business here folks.

I know most of you don't think Papaya juice goes well with a hot dog covered in sauerkraut & spicy mustard - but take my word for it - it is Heaven on Earth :)

Here we are waiting for the Subway again.
I really did get used to taking it - so convenient.
Yes, I even took it all by myself - I'm such a big girl :)

We took a special trip downtown to get this picture for Ava - if you watch Disney, you'll know why --
'Wizard's of Waverly Place'!
The street is in fact REAL, however, we did not see the sandwich shop.

We went to the the Washington Square Arch, as well.
Washington Square Park was also a fun place to spend the afternoon - people were actually swimming in the fountain, ha! And y'all thought we were Redneck - pshaw!

Washington Square Park is surrounded by NYU.
We hoped to catch a glimpse of Mary-Kate or Ashley, but such was not the case... {sigh}

I loved this view Uptown from the Arch.
You can see the top of the Empire State Building in the distance...

I believe this was the same afternoon I also received a call from David Letterman.
He begged & pleaded with me to come on the show, but I just couldn't fit it in my jet-setting schedule.
I told him I'd call next time I was in town...
If you don't believe me, just ask D. --- SERIOUSLY.


We walked around the rest of the afternoon, then decided it was time to visit our old friend, Tiffany...

I prefer to call it 'LOVED' and not 'SPOILED'.

'YOU'RE FIRED!'

Here we are in Rockefeller Plaza.
When the Christmas Tree and Ice Rink aren't up, it's basically just a place to eat, ha.

However, it stays hoppin' in the mornings because the NBC studios are across the sidewalk.

They were prepping the set for the next morning's 'Today Show' -- and for the record, I have YET to get up & make it to a taping...
Someday my friends -- someday...

This is Christie's Auction House - reminded me of my Papa T.P. because he's an Auctioneer, so I had to snap a pic.
Plus, they auctioned off all of Molly's dad's guitars here in Uptown Girls & JFK's golf clubs on Seinfeld...

I love to see those movies where the older gentlemen are in the park playing checkers or chess...
It was so nice to see that it really is something you find in EVERY park in NYC & is not just 'for the movies'...
They also offer lessons for free - next time I might take them up on it.

MONK'S!!!
We went pretty far Uptown just to take our pic with the outside of the Seinfeld restaurant.
The feeling up there was drastically different than being in Midtown - you can tell that it is where people 'live', it was much more calm and slower paced.
Some locals even stopped to take our picture of the both of us without us having to ask :)

We're pretty confident this is where Seinfeld gets his groceries.



I spent the next few days doing some SERIOUS shopping...
It was definitely not for the faint at heart...



**FOR ALL MY FLAG LINE, MAJORETTE, DRUM MAJOR & SEQUIN LOVING FRIENDS**

this one's for you...

WE ARE SITTING ON GOLD MINES!!!
This shirt was $396 -- that was NOT a typo -- $396!!!!!!!!
Oh yes, I tried it on...

I also made my way over to 'The Happiest Place on Earth' - aka Dylan's Candy Bar!
I could move in there and just live on the candy...
I got a 1lb. bag.
My Sister got 2 pieces & Ava got 2 pieces when I got home...
APRIL DOESN'T SHARE CANDY!!!!!!

Look familiar?!
It should!
It's the faced of the Cosby House!
It all started when my friend, Leslie, and I got into a discussion on FB about where the Cosby Show was located, etc.
She was right, I was wrong.
I was so ashamed.
So, I took a Subway downtown to get this picture - just for her!
The minute I got off the Subway, I knew I should've brought Dusty with me...
I was in the Ga-Het-Toe.
Seriously - the ONLY nice street around was the street this house was on.
Needless to say, I walked very briskly to and from the Subway, eyes straight ahead, iPod on, turning back occasionally to make sure I wasn't being followed...
I was never so relieved to be back Uptown afterwards!
Risking your life for a friend is true friendship.

SEINFELD: The Soup Episode

Jerry: Yeah, you wanna get that meal, don't you?

Bania: How about Mendy's, ooh, ever been there?

Jerry: No, I haven't.

Bania: Ah, you'll love it. I'll meet you there around 7:00.
----------
Bania: Aaahhh, you know what I think, I'm just going to have the soup. Yeah, I'll save the meal for another time.

Jerry: Another time? What other time?

Bania: I had a hot dog earlier. I'm not that hungry.

Jerry: No, no, Bania, no. This is the dinner. The soup counts.

Me & D.Might - our last night in Times Square... {sniff, sniff}

Can you see what's on top of the building?!?!

The New Years Ball is still up in Times Square!!!!
The perfect ending to our 2009 NYC trip...

...love it...

Comments

  1. LOVE all of the pics! Looks like it was a great time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you and dusty had a good time. glad you got to go again, glad you got some new "bling" where's the new pic of Ava? luv luv luv

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love to see the city through your eyes...another great trip. love you

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts