It's all about the {details}...

Well, we survived the first week of preschool!!

Ava LOVES it & asks every morning when she gets up 'Mom, do I get to go to school today?!'

It's like she hasn't had a blast with me for the past three years or something...

Must be something about being around other children her age, playing {while learning, mind you} all day, and going to recess twice before noon!


A few weeks before school started, Ava received a special piece of mail...

Her teacher, Ms. Ruth, sent her a postcard saying how excited she was that Ava would be in her class & how much fun they were going to have!

I thought it was soooo sweet & we all know how much Ava loves to get her own mail - haha - so she was thrilled!!

Here's Mom & Ava striking a pose on the front porch....

I really need to invest in a tripod...
these 'self-taken' shots are no longer cutting it!

__________________________________

One Saturday before school started, Ashes asked to take Ava 'Back-To-School Shopping'!!

We were all excited for them to have some special time together :)

Keep in mind Ashes has never really had much to do with children, so this was a big thing for her to undertake, haha!!

First stop:

The Paint Shop
{aka The Nail Salon}

She always sits so still to get her nails done!

I'm so proud!! :)

Don't you always keep your Apple Juice & Iced Carmel Macchiato's handy while your nails are drying??!!
This just cracked me up!


After we all got our nails done, the shopping began!

They went to The Children's Place first, then headed over to Old Navy & then on to Arby's because someone just had to have herself a ham & cheese...

Of course, no proper shopping excursion is complete without some new shoes, so then it was on to Wilkinson's for shoes & hair bows!!


Could you get any more black & white in one picture??

Great minds think alike...

We were all pretty worn out by the end of the day - especially Ashes!

It was kind of hot that day & it took her at least 10min. each time she got Ava in & out of the car, haha! I chuckled quite a lot...

Ava had so much fun, though!!

_______________________________________

Last Monday, we went to Ava's school for Orientation & to drop of some supplies!

Ava got to meet her teacher & then play with her friends on the Playground {and have a Popsicle} while the parents chatted & got all the paperwork rounded up.

She loved it from the minute we walked in the door & was quite upset she couldn't stay there all day!

After Orientation, we went to get our nails done again - because you just cannot start school without your nails being beautiful!!

Yes, I had Ava take a picture with the girl who did her nails!

She was sooo sweet & made them extra special for Ava!

Here is the finished product - hot pink paint, white flowers & sparkles all over!!
Ava was so excited!!

I understand that I've encouraged the 'primping' at a very young age, but don't worry, it doesn't go to this girls head, haha!
I'm so glad she likes to go do 'girlie' stuff with me & can go home afterwards, change clothes & go get dirty in the yard with her Daddy -
she really is the best of both worlds!!!
{You're so singing Hannah Montana right now, aren't you?!?!}
_________________________

So, I'm sure some of you are wondering how I've been doing without having my 'partner in crime' tagging along with me two days a week??!!

The first day was okay, not too bad.

The second day that week, I went to 12 - count 'em - 12 different stores & was still 40min. early to pick her up.

Hopefully Mom will adjust soon & find herself something useful to occupy her time :)

I will say our days at home have been so much fun this past week - we have played & played & spent some good QT together when she's not been in school!

So, if you see me wandering around Target with my Iced Carmel Macchiato that my sister got me addicted to and come back two days later and I'm there again, doing the same thing, don't be surprised - I'm just trying to find my rhythm of being the Mom to a pre-schooler...

Comments

  1. Love the pictures. The one of you and Ava is perfect!

    And I hear you on not knowing what to do. Come next week when Dylan starts MDO, I will be right there wandering around Target with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE THE PICS AND THE UPDATE!!! SO MUCH TO COMMENT ON EAHC ONE!!! BUT I WILL SAY THE PIC OF YOU AND HER ON THE FRONT PORCH IS JUST TOO CUTE!!! IT BETTER BE IN A FRAME AT THE HOUSE!!! ~TORASA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful Wonderful Wonderful, when does Sissy get a day to take her somewhere fun! (I have it planned out already)Love the black and white picture, I could use a good (4 x 6 or 5 x 7)one of it. I guess you'll have to tell Dusty it is time to have Ava a sibling, so you won't have to be alone at Target! luv luv luv

    ReplyDelete
  4. WHAT GREAT PICTURES AND WANT TO ADD ALONG WITH THE OTHER COMMENTS WHAT A GOOD MOTHER-DAUGHTER PICTURE. ALSO LOVED THE ONE OF YOU THREE GIRLS.
    LOVE LOVE

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just to let you know...it doesn't get any better. After I get out of school at 10:50, I usually ended up wandering around stores until 3:00 when it's time to be picking up the boys. I just hate being home by myself with nothing to do!!! :) And by the way...LOVE her nails!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Memories in the making! Darling all around!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad she's loving school & that you're surviving! She is just too cute!! Since you're hooked on the iced drinks now.. you have to try the iced white mocha & the mocha frap! Ahhmazzinggg!!! Yes, they know me by name! See ya at Target ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a tripod that might work. I got it for a video camera. ......now to find it.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL HAHHAHAHAHA
    i am still laughing out loud that you are so early for this!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts