Fair Festivities : 2009

Of course -- we attended all the Fair Festivities this year!!
Like we could ever NOT attend a Parade... pshaw...

Me & Ava waiting for the Parade to start
{Tamera & Kiki behind us :) }

Y'all know how much we love us a Parade!
Look at that sweet little girl's face -- LIT. UP.
Why is she soooo excited, you say?!?!

Because the VHS Flag Line was headed our way!
I promise you I don't coach her -- it's just in her blood...

Did I mention how much we love us some Band Music?!?!
She jams every chance she gets :)
___________________________

We usually head straight to the Fair right after the Parade, but as you can all recall - it was crazy muddy around here, so we just went home afterwards & decided to do the Fair another day that week. A few days later, we met up with D.Might's brother & his crew at the new McDonald's for a quick bite to eat {so much cheaper than Fair food} & then headed over to the Fairgrounds!

Me, Tu & D.
Faulkner County Fair 2009

Ava loved getting to ride the rides {she says it just like it's spelled, btw -- RIDE-ES} all by herself!

We actually picked a great time & day to go! There was hardly anyone there - which was wonderful because I just don't do crowds :)

Back in tha' day, I was quite the rider of the rides...
Somewhere along the way I developed severe motion sickness {thanks Mom} & tend to opt out of things that move that I don't have control over - that said, I let Emmer talk me into riding the ride above. I'd seen it a million times, but never actually rode it before...

Here are Em & I right before it started!
20 seconds into the ride, I started screaming & literally praying out loud that if God had brought me to it - He would bring me through it - and to PLEASE do not let me throw up on Emily!!
Emily & the rest of the fam on the ground had quite the chuckle.
I'll never ride that one again...
Good thing D.Might bought me a Carmel Apple to settle my stomach :)

Matt rode this Dragon ride with Ava -- he usually doesn't do rides either :)

But they BOTH seemed to enjoy themselves!!

Me & D.Might


I snapped this of Ava on the way home - had to fix her hair after the rain drizzled on it :)

Another great year at the Fair!!!
We can't wait until Ava is old enough to show some GOATS!!!!

Comments

  1. Fair days extraordinaire! Esp loved Ava checking out her hair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH ME TOO, SHE IS ALL GIRL (AND SOMETIMES ALL BOY) I LOVED ALL THE PICTURES AND COULD TELL SHE LOVED IT.
    NINNER

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta love the fair!! I'm LOVING her mirror check pic! Gurl... can we say Diva ?!?! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts