Make New Friends :: But Keep The Old...

Sooo - I took the plunge over the summer & finally jumped on the Facebook bandwagon!
I honestly didn't think it would be something I would enjoy, but OBVIOUSLY by my lack of blog posting I spend a little time on it :)
For those of you who don't know, I attended a fairly small school here in Central Arkansas - everyone knew everyone in my class...
and their Grandma...
and their Grandma's dogs' name...
Ya know what I mean?!
So I've kept a few tabs on some of my dear friends throughout the years as we've gone on with our lives.
Some I stayed closely in touch with - others whom at one time or another were my BFF, I hadn't talked to or seen since Graduation...
And then I joined Facebook.
So glad I did.
I'm not one of those people who are going to hold a grudge against you because you didn't call me for 3 months {or 8 years, whatev} - and lucky for me, my friends aren't like that either....

Senior Flags, Majorettes, & Drum Majors - 2001

Dinin' at The Sizzler - 2000

After 8 years, we all reconnected through Facebook & had ourselves a little 'reunion' one Saturday.
We met for lunch & parted ways about 4 hours later...
It was so wonderful to catch up with these girls & go about ourselves like we never skipped a beat, missed a milestone, or forgot for one day about each other :)
Love them all!!
_____________________________

FB also connected me with another group of gals I hung out with in my younger years...

Rockin' Out - 2000

English Class - 1999

8 years & 3 kids later - it's like we hadn't been apart one day since Graduation...
Love these girls & those precious kid-o's too!!
_________________________________

Oh.....
And did I mention I have a friend on FB who was born around 1932???

Oh yes --
My Ninner is on FB!!
She is a computer WIZ let me tell ya' - she can post to your wall, send you messages to your inbox, she's loves the 'like' button, too :) - she knows FB in & out!!
I'm so glad she invests the time to do all these little things that help us stay in touch!!
Love you, Ninner!!!

And for those of you who were not in Girl Scouts....
the Title of the Post:

Make new friends...
but keep the old...
one is silver and the other gold...

Comments

  1. wish I had been along on this trip! I see you ate @ Chili's! Is Ava taking your pic?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post! Love all the old pictures of one of the 2 best flag/majorette lines! You girls haven't aged a bit.....yet! hahaha

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts