Cupcake Extravaganza

When my sister was in town, she picked up this cookbook for my Mom...

When we were over at their house last week, I started flipping through it (you know how big of a cupcake fan I am).


I found the perfect - perfect - pink princess cupcakes to make for Ava's birthday (yes, I am aware it's still like 4 months away - I'm a planner, sorry).


I was getting all excited to make them when Gigi said "Oh, please let me make them for her!" Well, of course I said "Sure!" - Who says "No" to someone offering to make cupcakes? - hello!


Of course, I did insist she do a little test run before we would actually need them.

Lucky for her, she has a 'Dinner Club' with her gal-pals once a month & they were all meeting over at my Mom's this month. She took advantage of having all of them there & decided they would have a Cupcake Extravaganza after dinner...


Here are Connie, Pam & Kay just a decorating their little hearts out!

(by the way ladies - love the coordinating outfits :) is that a requirement to be in the 'Dinner Club'? How sophisticated!)



I just knew, deep down, that they would all make these magnificent pink princess cupcakes that they would be so proud to show me. They wouldn't even want to eat them, they'd be so perfect...



Then my Mom sent me the following picture....




See the perfect pink princess cupcake in the book on the left???


See the creation she came up with there on the right????



{Sigh}



I hadn't given up hope yet - this was only one of them, after all - maybe the other gals really nailed it on the head!



Uh - huh...



I must say I do love the pretty pink sprinkles - A would of course love the Yum-Yum's & Froot Loops, too...



However - we must get all of y'all enrolled in some sort of professional baking class if y'all are planning on turning out those perfect pretty pink princess cupcakes that I love so much!



It's either that, or go get everyone's eyes checked so that we can all really focus on the directions....



***Thank you so much, ladies, for the wonderful creations you made!

It's not like I wouldn't have eaten them anyways!!

Y'all are so sweet to even help my Mom with a test run :)!!***





I will be accepting applications to form my own 'Dinner Club' for once a month get-togethers...

baking (and/or decorating) skills will be a requirement...

Comments

  1. Thank goodness we had fun, huh? The cupcakes tasted great at least! We will continue to hone our decorating skills and maybe, just maybe, by May....:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL HAHHAHAHA I JUST LAUGED OUT LOAD!!! I LOVE MOMS PRINCESS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i want to enroll in the dinner club! i made the best quick meal last night! w/mac n cheese!! let me know when the first meeting is!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's sooo funny!! I guess they deserve an "E" for effort! The dinner club is such a cute idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just seriously roared with laughter!! LOVED their version of the princess. Hilarious!!! I wasn't quite prepared for it. :) At least they offered. We're looking forward to the actual party cupcakes....

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so funny. Looks like they tried hard, maybe they can get it right soon. :) How cute that they all had on matching outfits huh? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. LIKE EVERYONE ELSE I HAD A BIG BELLY LAUGH AT THIS ONE. YOUR MOM WAS NOT RAISED ASSISTING ME IN THE KITCHEN (AND NEITHER WAS SIS) MAYBE ED'S BAKERY COULD DO A BETTER JOB, AT LEAST THEY ENJOYED THEMSELVES. NINNER

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts