Nashville In A Nutshell

Guess where we were early this week?!

We loaded up & went to Nashville for a few days!
Of course - our first stop when we got to town was...


This became one of our faves from a few years back when we went to Chicago -
Olive Garden is wonderful - put the Chicken Parmesan just doesn't compare...
D. introduced me to this little beauty on this trip...



Hello love...

Spec.tacular.

Seriously - from now on, this is the cake to which all others will be measured.

The next day, we decided to try to get in a little sight-seeing...


Can you tell what that building is behind us?!
It's the Grand Ole Opry , of course!!

I know, I thought it would look much grand-er, too.
I was quite disappointed when we looked through the windows & everything is closed up.
Couldn't see the stage or anything.
Oh & as for Opryland - it's not an amusement park.
Opryland consists of the Grand Ole Opry, the Opryland Hotel, and the Opry Mills Mall.
Mind you - the Mall was awesome.
I was just expecting an amusement park.
We also thought we'd fit in a little history lesson by visiting...



Um, yeah - not only is about a 20 min. drive outside of Nashville, but it's also closed on Tuesdays.
Should've looked that up first.
The next day - Ava & I hit the Mall.
What can I say? It's what we do best.
She spotted the Carousel & just had to ride a horsey!


She was so excited!! Here she is just as the ride is starting...


....and here she is about 10 seconds into it.

She hugged my neck for the rest of the ride & did much better!

After the Carousel, we hit up Build-A-Bear, of course!



What else would she pick out but a Pink Monkey?!



Here she is stuffing it...


Giving the Monkey it's first bath & fluffing up it's hair...


What Pink Monkey do you know that doesn't wear a Tinker Bell costume?!


Ah...as for a name....
I try to encourage her to name her babies, bears, pigs, etc. whatever she would like.
When I asked her "What is your pink monkey's name?"
She said "Salad."
No, she doesn't eat salad.
I don't know where she would even hear the word 'salad.'
So, we compromised on Tinky Pink.
On to the festivities....
We had Cheesecake Factory two nights - because D.Might really only goes on trips for the food.

Here are Ava & I enjoying our Sweet Tea & Water... waiting for Cheesecake.
D. had the Steak Diane.
Ava & I watched.
We know how to prioritize.

Mmmmmm......
The one on the left was mine - the Adam's Peanut Butter Cup Fudge Ripple - delish.
I don't know which one D. had - but I know he enjoyed it.
Ava dabbled a little in both.
Smart girl.
Here's a nice pic of her & her Daddy...

The next morning - we forwent the complimentary breakfast at the hotel (which might I just add, that I always enjoy) and searched for a Dunkin' Donuts.
Here's a little of what we got...

I really don't know how that little girl ate that many donuts without getting sick!!

I was going to try the Coffee - since they advertise that they are better than Starbucks.
Then they told me all they had was black coffee.
Who drinks just black coffee?!?! Where's the whip, soy, chocolate & sprinkles?!?!
I passed, needless to say.
We had a good time, but as always - are glad to be home!

Comments

  1. I loveeee Nashville. Looks like it was a great time! Love that you take pics of food, I do that too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, even if you missed the history lesson, the music lesson, and the great hotel breakfasts - you definately got to taste some fabulous looking desserts!!!! :) Love Ava's V-day outfit....Lucy has on her "J" set....so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you had a good time in Nashville. Did you make it to downtown to see the original Opry House?
    Part of Opryland is still by the hotel, the log ride cement is still there or it was the last time I was there.
    Nashville is a fun place! I liked the mall too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great food pics! :-) Glad you enjoyed the vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOOKS LIKE YALL HAD A BLAST! I CAN NOT BELEIVE HOW BIG AVA IS LOOKING! SHE IS TOO CUTE AND I LOVE THE BOW!!~TORASA

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts