Sick of the Snow Cupcakes

I don't think there is a need to express how entirely sick I am of the temperature changes around here. Please see THIS POST for my rant to Mother Nature (which I still fully stand behind, by-the-way)!

On with the show....
Saturday afternoon as the flakes started falling, I just had to get in the kitchen and make something! Luckily Mimi got Ava this little gem for V-Day...


Why yes! Those are SweetTarts and Nerds candy in there with that cupcake mix! We would never disgrace the wonderful flavor of a cupcake with yummy sugary icing by just dumping candy on top of it - so Ava & I took care of it whilst we were baking...
Here's my Handy Helper now! She loves to help me in the kitchen & really does a good job and rarely makes a huge mess! She loves to put on her 'Chef's Set', wash her hands, and stand on her stool for instructions - so cute!

After watching me put her 'pupcakes' (as she calls them) in the oven, she waited very patiently until the timer went off. Poor little thing - had to wait again until they were cool to frost them... so I set the timer & told her when it went off that it was time to frost the 'pupcakes'!
This whole 'love-of-the-timer' thing might come in handy in other aspects...I'm going to have to try that out...

Finally - YUM! - she got to eat her sprinkled creation!
(yes, the box said 8 cupcakes & you see only 7 - who's in charge of distributing the ingredients?! I like them to ooze over the top & make a little mound!!)

Hopefully we can make some
'Yay! It's Spring and no longer 25 degrees every other day!'
cupcakes soon!!

Comments

  1. okay this is so cute !! I think she may be the next generation of the cooking channel, I can see it now......Time "TU TU" cook with Ava. She looks like she is a pro at it ! I'm glad you let her try, even if it makes a mess ! That was so sweet of her dad to help sample the finished product. Love it !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my goodness i cannot believe that child, loved the picture of her and her dad sampling the pupcakes, she has such a serious look on her face, love the hat and apron. ninner

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed! This is the best one to use as a send off post! These picutres are all great and we grandma types (the ones w/internet) all agree it is a great way to spend a Saturday afternoon....:-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts