{the musings of a munchkin}

  • It was around mid-morning, Ava had already had her breakfast (a strawberry Pop-Tart that she didn't finish) and a small snack of Cookie Crisp. It is not uncommon for her to ask all. day. long. if she can have a snack - to which my reply is usually "Just a few more minutes until lunch/dinner..." I say that hoping that she will eat a good meal instead of just a snack. I went back to what I was doing & she did the same.....so I thought. About 15 minutes later, I see her walk by my office with a bag of Goldfish crackers and a cup of water in her hand. I didn't give her either of which. Apparently she is just tall enough to reach into the "goodie cabinet" & find her fix - ...yep, she ate the whole bag of Goldfish (bought Sunday, mind you). I asked her "Ava, did you eat all of those Goldfish?" to which she ran off & hid behind the kitchen table - afraid she'd be in trouble for it, no less. Of course, I couldn't get onto her, poor kid, she was apparently just starving to death & her Mean-Ole-Mom wouldn't give her a snack, so she got her own - she was just trying to survive!



  • She's not one for getting into trouble - as in she doesn't like it when she's in trouble. When we get onto her, she usually changes the subject to "Where's Stella?" or "Look at that ceiling fan, it's spinnin'!" Case-in-point: I don't typically let her have pens (paper is not her favorite thing to write on - she likes either herself or the walls), but I guess her Daddy let her have one at some point. We were sitting in the living room when I notice a mark on her leg. I asked her "Did you mark on your leg with a pen?" She started sinking down in the chair, trying to hid her leg under mine...."What?" she said... I asked her again "Did you mark on your leg?".... she replied "What?"...trying to act like she didn't hear me, I should speak up. I just went ahead & told her that she is not to have pens & we only mark on paper, otherwise, she could have done that all day....




  • Speaking of "getting-on-to's" .... I have boycotted cleaning up the Playroom. I didn't make the mess & she's gotta' learn sometime. So it had been a few days of the disaster, and after I had asked her many a time, I finally asked D.Might to tell her to clean it up. It was right before bath time, I was in my office (yeah, I live in there, I know), so I could see all of this. He told her she needed to pick up her toys & put them away. She proceeded to pick up the toys in the living room & put them back in her Playroom. He then told her she needed to put away the toys in the Playroom, too - and this is what I saw: Ava running to her Playroom, head in hands, screamin' and cryin' - "I not want to! Please help me pick up my toys!" .... uh, negative. I can then hear her in her Playroom, banging things around, jibber-jabberin' (still crying hysterically) & started making out pieces of what she was saying. "....and Mommy and Daddy make me clean up my Playroom and I not want to and Stella acted ugly and (sniff, sniff, sniff) and I have to pick up my toys all by myself..." basically telling this sob story & how mean we are to her.....so I said "Who are you talking to?".... "I talkin' to Ashes! I tell her how I clean the Playroom...." Seriously, y'all....yes, I know where all this drama came from, but really - already having to get on your cell phone to vent it out - you gotta be kiddin' me!!

Comments

  1. OK I AM SO LOVING THIS POST! I FEEL BETTER KNOWING THAT MY KIDS ARE NOT THE ONLY ONE TO PULL THE "CAN YOU HELP ME PICK MY TOYS UP" GIG! THAT GETS ME EVERY TIME! AND JOSH IS NOTORIOUS ABOUT GETTING HIS OWN FOOD WHEN HE WANTS AND HIDING AND EATING IT! LIKE HE IS STARVING TO DEATH!! YOU JUST HANG IN THERE! YOU ARE NOT ALONE! LOVE YA GIRL AND GIVE LITTLE MISS AVA A SQUEEZE FOR ME ~TORASA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see the wig head is still hanging around !!Haha i know you LOVE it....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too Funny. You let'em have it Ava!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's going to keep you all in line. :) Haha, cute stories!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I'm glad to know that my children are not the only ones who want to eat snacks all day & refuse to clean up their toys!! I promise, the second I ask Madi to pick up anything.. she is instantly sick, hurting or tired.. anything but able to help! Cute story!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's the cutest thing ever!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts