Trick-or-Treat!

This is really the first year Ava has gotten to "Trick-or-Treat"! Her first Halloween, she was still too little, and last Halloween, we had a get-together after worship services where people just passed out candy - but this year, she actually got to "Trick-or-Treat"!!

It occurred to me yesterday afternoon that she really had no idea what "Trick-or-Treating" is, so I decided to give her a crash course. I found all the candy I had here at the house (which was very little because I tend to eat it when I see it :) & dumped it in a bowl. I put her costume on her & asked if she would like some candy. She, of course, said "Yes!" I then told her "If you want some candy, you have to go outside, knock on the door & say 'Trick-or-Treat'!" So, I gave her her little pumpkin & let her out on the porch. She can see me through the little window & I said "Okay, now knock on the door & say 'Trick-or-Treat' if you want some candy!" Her response was, "I not want to - I playin' outside!", ha! I opened the door & told her to come back in & tried again to get her to knock on something & say the phrase. Of course, when I wasn't paying her any attention, she knocked on my desk & shouted "Trick-or-Treat"! To which, she did in fact receive some candy :)

So, after our brief class of Trick-or-Treating 101, I figured she was ready to expand her horizons....

First stop was Dusty's Grandparents -Sodie & Erma's - house... she at least said "Trick-or-Treat!"


We then went down the street to Dusty's Great-Uncle Tom's house - he tried to give her one of those boxes full of candy!!!

After that, we went down the block to Dusty's Great-Aunt & Uncle's house (Vern & Ruben - and yes, quite a few members of Dusty's family live on the same street :) The Heslep crew showed up while we were there - we tried to get a picture of all three of the kid-o's but Ty had already fallen asleep in the car (& was not in the picture taking mood, ha :) & Ava was terrified of Hunter's mask so he couldn't even wear it for the picture! (By the way - both boys' costumes were quite awesome, good job Lori Beth :)


After that, we headed down to Mimi & PawPaw's...she knocked on the door and said "Trick-or-Treat" here!

Of course, Mimi doesn't just give you candy - you get goodies!! Ava got a little purse, a black kitty cat (like Stella & Subbie), & lots of sugary treats - yum!!

One more stop - to PopPop & Gigi's house! Instead of saying "Trick-or-Treat" she just said "Where's PopPop?!"

Gigi & Pop also had Ava some extra goodies - Hannah Montanna PJ's (thanks for abiding by my "character rules", Gig :), some fuzzy house shoes, & more sugary treats - yay!!
*P.S. She had to wear her new HM PJ's to bed last night, Pop & Gig - she LOVES them!!*
We had quite the night of Trick-or-Treating to say the least!! We didn't even make it to Chris & Monica's - they were already asleep, haha!!! I know Ava had so much fun - she loved getting to see everybody as much as she loved getting candy!!
__________________________________
Did anyone count the number of times I put "Trick-or-Treat" in this post?! Um, 12... I do believe that is far too many times to say that phrase in one post....or even one year....

Comments

  1. Looks like you guys had a great time and got lots of CANDY!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you said "Trick or Treat" more than Ava! Such a great evening. The costume was perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. number 1- I LOVE HER TAT!!!!
    number 2- could you NOT have put a better picture of dad on here? SERIOUSLY HUMILIATING!!!!!


    hehehhehe but i LOVE all the pictures!!! shes adorable!! and your hair looks soooooooooooooooo pretty in the pictures!! LOVE IT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ava looks so cute in her costume! :) Looks like she had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad y'all had a great Halloween!! Her costume is too cute and of course, I knew you MADE it!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts