Um, yeah....Never Again...

So, has anyone noticed that I haven't posted in like a week?! Other than the birthday shout-out's, mind you... I've been dreading posting about this, but here goes...
Look at sweet little Ava's hair - how long!! That's 2.5 years of pure-d growth right there, folks! As long as it had taken her hair to grow, it was getting kind of yucky looking, so I thought I thought she could use a little trim...

She sure does love those dum-dum suckers :) All ready for her very 1st Haircut!!
Oh, no!! ....What's that?!?! Mom....with scissors?!?!
Run, Ava, Run!!
See, in High School, I cut a few people's hair - ya know, on the side. Like, in History class for instance, I cut my friend Aimee's hair, just trimmed up the ends (yes, with her permission) & gave the sides a few layers. I even had a recurring client, Torasa (help me out here, T, tell them how much you loved having me cut your hair :), who would come over after school & we would set up shop on my parents back porch so I could cut her hair.....mind you it was only as long as the width of my fingers, so it was pretty easy (& had an edge of style, too).... Maybe I should have mentioned all this to Dusty when I said "I think I could just do it myself...." because to him, I was saying "I've done this 1,000's of times, no worries, I'm basically a pro!"...uh, yeah...

Somewhere in all my reminiscing about how wonderful I was at "at-home" hair cutting, I forgot that:
#1 - you have to cut in a fairly straight line, without being extremely blunt when cutting,
and
#2 - if you cut the hair wet, when it dries, it shrinks...
HELLO!!! Did I not read my own post the other day regarding my own hair drama & how I can't stand it when the hairdresser cuts it too short?!?! Needless to say, I have hung up my shears for good & from now on will be paying a professional to handle my child's hair...

Here's a shot capturing the actual damage that I did (yes, she is buttering bread for garlic toast, such a good helper, that girl :). I'm just glad she's only 2.5 & couldn't care less about her hair...give her until next summer, I'm sure, & then she'll have an opinion about it. At least I made this mistake once, while she has no idea, and have learned that I am just not quite the hairdresser I thought I was... she will be wearing lots of pink in the coming weeks, until it grows out a little more.
Good thing we have a plethora of large, over sized hair bows, too...
Um, yeah....Never again....

Comments

  1. April, seriously.. it does not look bad at all!! She is a cutie no matter what! Now grow that hair quickly Ava.. we've got pictures to take :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, April it doesn't look bad! You should get Trisha to show you the pic of Anna when she cut her hair! Sorry Trisha but I had to tell it =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Her hair looks so cute! I love it!! Good job! **Nancy**

    ReplyDelete
  4. Her hair looks cute!!! You're just being too hard on yourself. You did a good job! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh.. I meant to say that you did a great job at cutting her hair. I cut a friends hair once! FYI, don't ever attempt to cut someone's hair with paper cutting scissors when it is in a ponytail!! Yes, I did that once. Needless to say, I have NEVER tried to cut anyone else's hair and never will!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay girl I totally agree with the others, it does NOT look bad. You are totally being too hard on yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it looks cute! Nicole is right, I posted a picture of what I did to Anna when she was a baby. It will make you feel much better:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. okay seriously April, I have paid money, and BEEN paid money for haircuts that didn't look near that CUTE !! I think You should try Dusty's next.......hahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH MY GOODNESS GIRL! AND MY HAIR TURNED OUT SO WELL! JUST KIDDIN! IT IS NOT THAT BAD! IT LOOKS FINE! MAYBE NOW YOU HAVE CUT IT IT WILL GROW FAST! NO KIDDIN FOWLKS! APRIL CUT MY HAIR LIKE FLAT TOP SHORT AND IT LOOKED GREAT!!! THANKS AGAIN APRIL! LOVE YA GIRL~TORASA

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ok, blogger friend I need to know how you do your Blog Archive like that. Email me...Thanks dear!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts