Pre-Halloween Festivities

So, we finally got around to carving our pumpkin!! Yes, we did carve it in the kitchen - it was too cold outside yesterday evening!
I'm the one who's really into all these festive holiday activities, but being the accident-prone person I am, when Dusty saw how I was slicing into our pumpkin, he quickly took over! Apparantly if you cut yourself a few times on accident with various sharp objects, no one trusts you with any sharp object of any kind - go figure?!
Here's Dusty - with a smile on & eyes actually open - this is few & far between in pics of him, folks!

Showing Ava what he's doing - cleaning out the seeds & strings

Ava took a turn getting out all the goo, too!

While the actually cutting was involved, she got bored, so I let her smash up some M&M's to put on her Carmel Apple! She's is such a good helper!

YUM-O!!! Carmel Apples dipped in M&M's, chocolate chips, & of course - *SpRiNkLeS* for me!!

"MMMM... I like this, Mom! It's good!"

Here's our finished product!
(It's a pig for those of you who can't tell :)

Ava was so excited that she got to help out! She really likes the pumpkin when the candle is flickering, too - she says "Oooh! It scare me!" Ha!

Today in the mail - she received 3 Halloween cards!!! She really enjoyed this felt card with a black cat on it from PopPop!! Thanks, Ninner, Papa, Pop, & Gigi - this girl never gets tired of checking her mail!!

Comments

  1. I LOVE THE PUMPKIN! LITTLE MISS AVA IS JUST TOO CUTE! HOPE TO SEE YA AT THE REUNION! :)~TORASA

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWWWWWWWWWWW too cute!!
    and i cant BELIEVE you got one where his eyes are open!!!

    and i want an apple, make me one and mail it. i want choc chips on it. okay good. love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! She gets more mail than I do (besides bills of course)!! Glad y'all had fun carving the pumpkin! It looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ava and the pumpkin are too cute!! Looks like Dusty is a "pumpkin-carvin-pro!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pumpkin and those apples look so YUMMY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another trip to the ER averted! Good thinking, Dusty! What great pics! Love that the tradition continues!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You should make caramel apples for the reunion Saturday...but then again...I think I feel a cold coming on!! hahahahaha!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts