Thursday Night Lights

Yes, folks - we are all about some FOOTBALL in this household!! D.'s city-league football season started last night & of course Tutu & I headed out to support his team - Strong Like Man! (Please don't ask me where they come up with these team names...)

Here's Ava & Dusty before the game - of course I dressed her in the team color!! (Once again, please refrain from asking why they chose pink as the color, I am just a mere spectator & have nothing to do with the naming of or dressing of the team.....obviously....)
I tried to get some action shots of D. on the field, but the lighting was horrible & I was not about to get out there in the middle of it all just to get an action shot!
There were a few exciting moments.... someone on our team gave an opposing player a bloody nose! I'm pretty sure it wasn't on purpose, but the other player might have made a comment or something about how pretty our guy looked in his pink shirt....so it could've been intentional... you never know... :)
We also had an injury to a player on our team - I have no idea what happened (it's hard to watch every play when you have a little one with you ;), but apparently Monkey (aka Josh) got knocked out cold while on the field & was still kinda woozy after the game - I'm guessing it was a concussion & I sincerely hope he sought some kind of medical attention, just as a precaution.

On a more positive note, D.Might did have the most yards run & the most receptions!! Ava was cheering "Go Dad!!" the whole time - it was so cute! When we got there, she said "Where's my Daddy? He has on a pink shirt & yellow shoes...." Haha! She was so good the whole time - it was FREEZING out there (I found myself wishing I had stopped at Starbucks for something warm....mmmm, Hot Chocolate, perhaps?!) & sat with me in the chair (*yay* for me for remembering a chair - unlike when we attended the Parade a few weeks ago, ha) the whole time & ate her snack & cheered on her Daddy like a little trooper!
Unfortunately, Strong Like Man was defeated by their opponents....but just barely....

Comments

  1. Ok, I'm trying really hard not to laugh....But I guess it takes real mean to wear pink....right???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pink shirts....that's what I would have choose too! :)Go Dusty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just sorry I wasn't out there to cheer the guys on, Dylan and I will have to go out to one of the games for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I just say that I cracked up lauging at your sidenote about remembering your chair! That is so something that I would do! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts