Ava's 3rd Birthday : Act III

Ava's Birthday Party was last Saturday & luckily for us, the rain held off! When I asked her a few weeks ago what she wanted for her birthday, this was her list:
  • For everyone to sing her 'Happy Birthday'
  • A Horsie
  • A strawberry cake with pink icing
  • Her friends to come over
  • Balloons
  • Cake (any kind)
Well, I am happy to say, that she did in fact get everything she asked for - and then some!
Growing up, my Papa always brought a horse down for my & my sister's birthday parties.
It was the one thing everyone remembered about our parties (seriously, when I run into our childhood friends today, they still say 'I can remember y'all always had a horse to ride at your birthday parties!')
So, to carry on the tradition, I asked him to bring down the oldest, gentlest horse he had & decided to theme Ava's party 'Rhinestone Cowgirl' (even though I didn't get the hay bales & all the decor I intended to due to the rain :( oh well!)
Ava & I pulled in the driveway (after getting 3 dozen balloons) to Papa unloading Star & that girl couldn't get on that horse fast enough!

She hopped right up there & went for a ride! I'm so glad she's not scared one bit!

We invited all the fam over for a cook-out lunch & cake - I love me some char-grilled hot dogs!!


Well, what do you know?? She got her scooter after all!!

My grandma, Ninner, made her this cake - I love that icing! It's like marshmallow fluff & we all know it doesn't get much better than marshallow fluff :)

Here she is opening some of her gifts. I love that she & Emma are looking at me like 'Please stop reading the card & just open the present already!'
Ava & Kinley waiting for their turn to ride the horse! Kinley was totally prepared & even came with her cowgirl boots on!! So cute!

Awwww!! Ty is just the sweetest thing! Don't get me wrong - he is ALL BOY - but he always makes a point to be so nice & sweet to Ava (& to pose for a pic with her, too :)! I'm so glad she has such wonderful cousins (even if one of them is has an 'age limit' to the parties he attends, hahaha-still cracking up about that one LBH)!

Here she is blowing out another candle! Those are some of her cousins Josh, Jase, & Ty - and her friend from Bible Class, Owen.

Can you tell she loves 'pupcakes' just as much as her Momma?

It did start to sprinkle just a little bit, so we busted out the Pinata & did a little Pin-the-Tail-on-the-Donkey in the garage - who knew 'old school' party games would go over so well?!?!

Just chillin' waitin' for someone to bust that Pinata :)




Oh this girl - she is just so wonderful!

Comments

  1. What an AWESOME Birthday party!!!! April I must say Ava is so precious and I really don't even know her... only in pics. LOL :) I want to be a GREAT mommy just like you someday....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know Ava will remember this first big birthday party always! Luv luv

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad that I was able to help you on saturday, I wouldn't have missed it!! I was just happy to be there for Ava's fun day!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are very welcome for the gift and we had a blast!! the kids hated to leave!! i loved your house and i want an "L" thing like your "M" on the sofa table!! just like it (except the letter being different!!) thanks girl~!

    ReplyDelete
  5. EVERY GIRL IN THE OLD WEST WORE A TUTU WHILE RIDING HER HORSE. haha
    I BELIEVE SHE HAD A VERY GOOD TIME.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We really enjoyed seeing everyone. The birthday party "harkened" back to 12 Hallous street! luv luv luv
    (those were the days!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad she had such a great birthday! Sorry my kids are so rowdy...you know...it's the age thing! Oh, and thanks for letting my kid eat FIVE cupcakes...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brooke - You are too sweet!! I can't believe it's been like 15 years since I've seen you! I'm so glad you can keep up w/my crazy life through this blog!! We need to get together in real life to catch up :)

    Lori Beth - Your kids are not rowdy, they are boys! Haha! You know I love them so much! And I would've let him have 10 cupcakes if he wanted, just to prove to his Daddy that I wouldn't eat them all myself (in front of everyone that is) :)!! HE WILL NEVER LET ME LIVE THAT DOWN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you all had a great day! I think you need to re-phrase and say "Happy Birthweek Ava" instead of "Happy Birthday" :) What a lucky little girl!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts