Playgroup Invades {FUNLAND}

Friday we loaded up & headed out for a much needed Playgroup - we hadn't been in weeks!! Ava was so excited to be going to a
'Carn-i-pickle'
with her friends!

The first ride was a Roller Coaster! Ava & Blake buddied-up to ride this one together!


Look at those kids faces - pure joy! (Ava is in the last cart)
No, they aren't having a screaming fit - they loved it!


The next ride was a Spaceship - it went 'round & 'round & up & down (made me a little nervous - that kid is fearless)!


Here she is flying high like Tinker Bell... fearless I tell ya....



Of course we had to ride the Carousel - Ava loves riding those horsies!
I put her up on a horse with a pink & purple saddle (of course) & after I buckled her on she promptly said 'Okay Mom, you can get off now!'
She did not want her Momma riding with her!!
Good thing my friend, Angel, was right there (knowing Ava, she'd hop off in the middle of the ride & try to figure out why the horsie is only going in circles or something....) - I'm so glad she didn't mind having Miss Angel stand beside her!
We got to ride the Choo-Choo-Train, too!


Oh & these Helicopters!
This one really did scare me a little - she was trying to stand up in her seat when the Helicopters were up in the air! I even saw her throw her legs over the side, relaxing....
ugh! fearless, I tell ya!

The Cars & Motorcycles are by far her favorite!
This girl would take her license now if they'd issue her one!
Notice the boys keeping their eyes on the 'road' & Ava & Julianne posing for the camera's - love it!
The Teacups...
Oh the Teacups... just looking at them makes me sick...
I snapped this picture just before the ride started & Ava flew off into the floor & hit her ear on that middle turn-y-thing - she was bawling, of course, but mostly because I made her get off the ride!!
(p.s. her ear was fine)
Jessica did me a favor & snapped a cute pic of me & Ava - since I'm always behind the camera, I'm rarely in a shot with her! Thanks, Jess!


I must say that this Playgroup was quite enjoyable!
The guy who runs Funland (@ Burns Park for you locals) opened up the rides for only the kids in our Playgroup!
Seriously - 30 kids + us Moms were the only one's there for almost 3.5 hours!
He was so nice, too! He let the kids ride each ride 2-3 times & if someone got upset, he would stop - let them get off - & start the ride again!
I'm sure he was worn out by the time we all left, haha!!
Hopefully we'll get to go back again in the fall!

Comments

  1. Looks like a great time! Love the pic of you and Ava!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute pic of you two! Looks like y'all had a fun day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, a nice picture of Mom and Ava! What a great day! I think you were pretty fearless, too, on the rides!! Being a Mom is different tho!

    ReplyDelete
  4. April...love your blog. So fun to keep up with your family. Savannah tells me all time.."mom tell April we will babysit Ava anytime." We really did enjoy you all stopping by. So please come back this summer and we will sit by the pool and Savannah will swim with Ava!! Love you all...give Ava a hug for me and your mother too!! Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pictures thank you so much. Ava is a lucky little girl. luv

    ReplyDelete
  6. This place looks awesome ! And for the guy to open for just this play group was unreal ! All of the kids looked like they were really enjoying themselves. Memories for all the kiddos and their moms ! carnipickle what a word ! I love it and the picpic table ! She could write her own dictionary !

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts