Back to the Daily Grind

Well, today is mine & Ava's first day back to being just the two of us - D.Might has been off for the past THREE, count 'em - three, weeks for hunting & such - and for the record - it has been wonderful having him here! Usually after day 4, I'm all stressed & need a break - but he has been so helpful these past three weeks! Ava is already missing him - when she got up this morning & saw his truck was gone, she said "Oh, Daddy be home in a minute..." poor kid, she won't know what to do come nap time & her favorite napping buddy isn't here! I sure could get used to having him home everyday - if it weren't for the minor detail of one of us needs to bring in an income.... Luckily, 2 out of the next 4 weeks he'll be off again - he saves all of his vacation time for hunting season, go figure....



We haven't been up to much the past three weeks, but we did manage to have a little fun! We went to Toys-R-Us one Sunday afternoon - and found close to nothing & everything I did find, was $10 more than it was at Target or Wal-Mart. We also did a little shopping around town, of course, mostly just looking for ideas - I like the pressure of a deadline to really get me motivated to get some work done.
"Who are these two random people," you say?! I don't know them either, but they are the Queen Mallard and World Championship Duck Caller. We ventured to Stuttgart to the Duck Festival on Saturday - D. had some buddies down there & two guys were actually in the contest (and came in 3rd & 9th). I must say it was quite fun (and would have been more enjoyable had I brought a heavier jacket & a chair...story of my life, I know...). We ran into several people we knew & had some delish red beans and rice - it wasn't too crowded at the Contest, but we did go over to Mack's & let me just tell ya' - you think a 4a.m. Black Friday Sale is madness? That's nothing compared to what I saw! It was elbow-to-elbow, barely room to breath, not even a sale in sight - men in "Hunter's Heaven" kind of madness! After all the Duck Festivities, we dined at Olive Garden (sigh) and then headed home. We really did have a good time & Ava loved hearing all the "Quack-Quack's" (duck calls) - her Daddy has already taught her to say "Tuck-a-tuck-a-tuck-a" in the Duck Call! At least they make them in pink....I already checked :)

Comments

  1. Cute stories.. glad you enjoyed your 3 weeks! The "daily grind" is in full force here too! (YUCK)!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bass Pro also has a PINK BB Gun. I really wanted it, but instead I was told I needed a "real" gun. I'm the biggest PINK fan ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're back to the grind here as well. That's so cute about Ava and her napping buddy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ava's shirt is too cute!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts