Weekend Wrap-Up

Well, the ice finally melted....
So, we actually got to get out & get some things done!
Friday, we had a Playgroup at the Museum of Discovery ! I hadn't been there since I was a kid & I could remember different things about it, but it is so much better now! Ava spent most of her time playing & rarely stopped for me to snap a pic of her, but I tried my hardest to get some...
Here she is ringing up items at the "Fish Market" - there are some stairs behind her that lead up to a "lighthouse" where you can look out on everyone below & blow the horn, too!

Of course, she stayed on the slide for quite a while, too! This was actually a little ship with a slide on one side and a ball activity on the other.
Ah, the Playhouse...
I had to drag her out of here to show her how many other things there were to do!! She loved this kitchen so much & kept going back & forth between this & the slide :)
______________________________
Saturday night, D.Might's parents treated us & his brother's fam to a wonderful dinner at the Sonny Williams' Steak Room ! It was seriously one of the best meals I've ever had! I had the stuffed chicken with a baked potato & green beans with roasted red peppers - not to mention they bring you this amazing homemade bread, too!
Of course, it is right in the heart of the River Market district, so there were plenty of people to watch out the window! Ava loved seeing the Trolley all decked out with Christmas lights & she loved the horse-drawn carriage, too! Had we remembered our jackets, it would've been nice to walk around for a little while after dinner, but of course, I never remember to bring everything we need... :)
We snapped this pic of me & Ava before anyone got there - it's not really the type of place you take random pics in, but I'm a blogger - it's what I do...

If you ever get a chance to go eat there, I highly recommend it - it is beyond wonderful!!

_____________________________________________

Ava wore her other Christmas-ie dress to Worship Services yesterday! Ninner got her this one & it is decked to the nines with sequins, shiny presents, and bows!!

We're gearing up for a week full of celebrations!! I will probably post more than you'll ever want to see or know, but since my little sister won't be here for Christmas this year, I must document all activities accurately to keep her informed :)!!
Now, if I can only finish up my Christmas shopping....

Comments

  1. I've GOT to take my kids to the museum, they would go crazy! YES, Sonny Williams' is the best! We love it :) Ava's dress is precious! Have a great week & a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweetest gift under your tree!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great time was had at Sonny Williams! We've never tried it there, sounds like I should. And I too would totaly be the girl who whips out my camera, even if its not "that kind" of place. :)

    Ava looks beautiful in that dress!

    Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutley LOVE Ava's dress...if I only had a little girl that I could dress...but then again I would probably go broke doing it! Hope ya'll have a Merry Christmas.
    ps...yes, ya'll will definitely have to come over for some Guitar Hero...and maybe some sausage balls! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts